Worker’s Compensation Board (WCB)

If you were injured while at work, you may be able to file a claim to the Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB)*.

In order to file a successful claim you must:

  1. Report your injury to your employer and ensure that your employer submits a Report of Accident to WCB.
  2. Complete a Worker’s Report of Accident and submit it to WCB
  3. See your physician (or company physician), inform him/her that you were injured at work and then he/she will complete a report and submit it to WCB
  4. See your Physiotherapist for an initial assessment of your injuries (which is covered by WCB). Your physiotherapist will submit an assessment report to WCB.

Once your claim has been approved, your WCB Adjudicator/Case Manager will typically authorize physiotherapy for a certain number of visits or certain period of time based on your injury.  You are required to attend regular physiotherapy treatments as directed by your physiotherapist.

*If you were hurt at work out of province, please inform us at the time of your booking in which province the injury took place. Your claim must then be filed with the appropriate provincial injury board. eg. WorkSafeBC